How To Make A Pumpkin Costume When it comes to Halloween costumes, there are two types of people in this world: the indecisive and the procrastinators. But fear not, TODAY Style is here to rescue both! Whether you’re torn between costume options or have waited until the last minute to get your attire, we’ve got three DIY costume transformations that can save the day and double your Halloween fun.
1. Caped Crusaders: Magician to Jon Snow
- What You’ll Need for the Magician Costume:
- Black pants
- Black boots
- White shirt
- Red bow-tie and suspender set
- Plush bunny
- Plush husky
- Knit scarf
Magician Costume Instructions:
- Enhance the cape by attaching playing cards to the inside lining with glue dots.
- Create a wand by painting a cardboard tube black, wrapping the ends in white duct tape.
- What You’ll Need for Jon Snow “Game of Thrones” Costume:
- Knit scarf (cut into two pieces)
- Sword (cardboard, silver duct tape, bouncy ball)
Jon Snow Costume Instructions:
- Attach scarf halves to the shoulders of the black cape using safety pins, giving them some height.
- Add dashes of white paint on the scarf to create a snowy effect.
- Create a sword by covering cardboard pieces with silver duct tape and attaching it to the magician’s wand, adding a foil-wrapped bouncy ball at the handle’s end.
- Optional: Glue an untied bow tie for a “For the watch!” effect.
2. Country “Fare” Picnic Transformation
- What You’ll Need for the Picnic Costume:
- Red gingham shirt
- Jean skirt
- Cowboy hat
- Play food
- Colored doilies
- Cowboy boots
Picnic Costume Instructions:
- Add a doily border to your shirt by cutting doilies in half and attaching them using glue dots.
- Create unique accessories: potato chip earrings, watermelon barrette, and a food necklace.
- Transform your cowboy hat into a picnic-basket purse.
3. From Pumpkin to Piper: “Orange Is The New Black”
- What You’ll Need for Both Costumes:
- Orange T-shirt
- Orange pants
- Orange hat
- Black flats
Pumpkin Costume Instructions:
- Cut jack-o’-lantern features from black felt and attach them to the shirt with glue dots.
- Add a cork stem to the orange hat using a pipe cleaner.
Piper Costume Instructions:
- Cut the letters “D.O.C.” out of black felt and attach them to the back of the T-shirt.
- Wear the T-shirt over a long-sleeve white shirt.
- Create duct tape slippers by covering cardboard shoe soles with gray duct tape and adding straps.
These clever DIY costume transformations allow you to turn an ordinary costume into something extraordinary. Whether you’re a last-minute decision-maker or just looking to add a creative twist to your Halloween attire, these ideas have you covered!