How To Draw Graffiti Bubble Letters In today’s tutorial, we’ll delve into the art of drawing bubble letters. These letters, with their fundamental design, serve as an excellent starting point for beginners venturing into the world of lettering. We’ll explore basic techniques to enhance your ability to create captivating bubble letters. Let’s embark on this creative journey, step by step, while also providing visual aid.
Introduction to Bubble Letters
Bubble letters, often referred to as basic lettering styles, hold an elemental charm that makes them perfect for novices. This tutorial will emphasize essential techniques to help you craft appealing bubble letters. Before we dive in, let’s take a look at the art supplies used in this bubble letter drawing guide.
Art Supplies Used:
- Pentel mechanical pencil
- Click eraser
- Pink Pearl eraser
- Pitt Artist pens
- Bic Intensity markers
- Gelly Roll pen (white)
Guidelines for Drawing Bubble Letters
Establishing guidelines is a valuable practice when crafting lettering. These guidelines lay the foundation for the letter flow and overall composition. The choice of guideline depends on the desired outcome of your final artwork. It could range from a simple line to a more intricate layout.
Creating Bubble Letters
To draw bubble letters effectively, it’s crucial to steer clear of sharp corners and pointed lines. Instead, prioritize rounded lines that exude a playful, buoyant essence. Our approach involves using existing letters as guides for the creation of more elaborate ones. Let’s take the word “BUBBLE” as an example.
Step-by-Step: Drawing a Bubble Letter B
- Initiate by crafting the letter “B” at the start of your guideline. Visualize the desired shape for your bubble letter—consider whether the top should match the bottom or vary in size.
- Proceed to draw interior lines for your B in both the upper and lower sections. You can opt for a continuous line or break it into segments.
- Experiment with your bubble letters to achieve a balloon-like appearance, or simplify the style to suit your preference.
- Draw exterior lines for your letter B, ensuring each line retains a rounded form.
- Once satisfied with the appearance of your letter B, move on to the letter U. Remember that the spacing between letters impacts overlap; adjust as desired.
- Continue progressing through each letter, adhering to the chosen layout.
Outlining Bubble Letters
Once you’ve sketched all your letters and are content with their appearance, transition to refining your work. Use a black pen or marker to trace over your pencil lines. Erase pencil marks to achieve a clean finish.
Adding Color to Bubble Letters
Enhance your bubble letters by infusing them with color. Markers are a convenient choice, offering ease of use and vibrant results. When blending colors, opt for analogous hues to achieve harmonious gradients. The example employs “Rambunctious Red” and “Sunset Orange.”
Graffiti Bubble Letter Art Tutorial
This style of bubble letters aligns more closely with classic forms. Prioritize composition for an appealing final product. Begin by outlining guidelines to ensure a coherent layout. For overlap, adjust letter positions accordingly.
Finalizing the Bubble Letters
- Draw lines around guide letters, maintaining rounded forms.
- Ink your drawing with a black marker and erase pencil lines.
- Introduce a drop shadow to enhance dimensionality.
- Utilize markers like “Oceanview Blue” and “Polynesian Purple” for a captivating blend of colors. Experiment with blending techniques.
- Add white highlights using a Gelly Roll pen and create a background to complement the bubble letters.
Exploring Various Bubble Letter Styles
Bubble letters offer endless possibilities, ranging from simple to intricate designs. Adapt your chosen lettering style by rounding edges and infusing a “puffy” look. To improve your bubble letter skills, practice different variations and styles. Select a single letter and experiment with seven distinct renditions for a creative challenge.
Mastering the art of drawing bubble letters involves dedicated practice and exploration. This tutorial provides foundational techniques to ignite your creativity. Feel inspired to embark on your own bubble letter journey, refining your skills through consistent practice.